Friday, July 31, 2009

Zhane - Crush

There are some songs that are just so beautiful, so sincere and so pure that they stay with you until the end of time. For me Zhane's "Crush" is the epitome of that type of song.

I remember when I was in elementary school and I first saw this video. The style and the setting were sooooo nostalgically beautiful to me and the song captured every bit of the desire I felt for some of my classmates. I was ALWAYS crushing on some boy but unfortunately for me my life so very well reflected the lyrics of the song. And so it always seemed to be that "I love him and he doesn't know me / I love him and he doesn't know."

I never got the boys but at least I got an amazing song that, to this day, still describes how I feel about certain men that I've come across in life. It's also one of my favorite videos from director, Paul Hunter. Check out the offical vid and a live performance by former Zhane member, Renee Neufville, below.






"Let me show you the way to go / If you really wanna go...Said If I could / Mail my heart / Right to you I would, yes" I could listen to her sing that forever.

*Side Lipton: Renee Neufville penned this song herself.*

No comments:

Post a Comment