Saturday, July 11, 2009

Bry'Nt: "Hello, Goodbye"



Oooooohh! NY is in the HOUSE!!...well really CT. But that's how I feel everytime I hear Bry'Nt's new song "Hello, Goodbye." The song samples Junior M.A.F.I.A's "Get Money" and is a scathing and heartfelt chronicle of the demise of Bry'Nt's relationship with a former cheating boyfriend.

This song could've sounded like any typical jilted lover type of record but what sets it apart from other mediocre songs is the structure and the sincerity in Bry'Nt's words. Structurally, the song is set up like a phone conversation between Bry'Nt and his ex with an actor providing voice over in between verses.

Lyrically, Bry'Nt lets loose his sorrow and bitterness as he laments lines like, "I wish I never met 'ninja's'/I regret 'ninja's'/I just wanna go to sleep and just forget 'ninja's'/I don't miss him/ He's outta my system/You wanna talk in person, but/I ain't done hurtin'/Now I'm leavin'"

To top it off the exes comments at the end are HILARIOUS. I love a man that can laugh and make fun of himself.

Check out "Hello, Goodbye" and some other jam's like "Beat It Up," "Deep Cover" and "I'm The Shit" on Bry'Nt's MySpace page
http://www.myspace.com/bryntmusic

and check out some articles I wrote on him on my other blog, Here and Here

Side Lipton ~ Love that line, "Found out about the time you let Nic play wit cha dick." Ooooooh! LOVE IT!

No comments:

Post a Comment