Thursday, July 30, 2009

Tailypo



Tailypo is about this creature in the woods with jet black fur, sharp claws, is about the size of a dog and has yellow or blood red eyes. In the story a hunter, while searching for game in the forest, comes across this creature and cuts its tail off. The creature is none too pleased with this and later in the night as the Hunter lays down to sleep the creature comes to his cabin, slinks up to the foot of his bed, peers over the rail with his gleaming yellow eyes and in an otherwordly voice demands the return of its "tailypo." The hunter must find a way to survive through the night or suffer the creatures revenge!



This book scared the shit out of me when I was younger. Every time around Halloween the school librarian would read Tailypo to my class and later that evening I'd be afraid to go to bed cuz I thought the creature would come and get me! Pretty scary when you're 8 years old.

I was surprised to find that this tale is pretty popular in various North American cultures. Cool!

No comments:

Post a Comment