Saturday, July 18, 2009

To Her Lover's House, Joi Goes



"To My Lover's House, I Go" is a jazzy, fairy tale inspired tune from Joi's 4th album "Tennessee Slim Is The Bomb." The Raphael Saadiq produced track is an ode to enchantment as Joi travels "over the river and through the woods" for a rendevous with her lover and his "butterscotch, sugar & caramel creme/And strawberry kisses to go."

Besides the suggestive lyrics a la "You could be a shot of Goldschläger/Sweet and red hot in my mouth," there's something in the way that she sings that's simply enchanting and alluring. I could listen to her sing "I'm your dirty debutante, baby/From the dirty South" for hours. (Go ATL!)

Joi - To My Lover's House, I Go

Don't you picture Little Red Riding Hood when you hear this?

No comments:

Post a Comment