Friday, September 11, 2009

Sonny Lewis - Monkey Off My Back



Brooklyn emcee, Sonny Lewis, is a guy that likes to get straight to the point. Business is business for this man and he's in the business of rhyming. So it only makes since that for his song "Monkey Off My Back" he skips any fluff or b.s. and gets straight to the heart of the matter...Dope lyrics and a swagger that just won't quit. Over relentless piano keys, drum beats and a sped up, child-like chorus, Sonny raps about why he's that emcee that others should watch out for; "Rap dudes is mad cuz my spit game is top notch / My taste is top shelf / I'm from a place where you die broke or chase wealth."

Besides being confident Sonny is also shameless when it comes to being an out emcee, spitting lines like"I said I rip dudes on Broadway, in broad day, and make they broads say / You got ate by a faggot and not in a good way." YAES!

It's underground. It's Hip-Hop. It's banging...Work Sonny.

Check out the song here at Sonny Lewis' MySpace page

http://www.myspace.com/sonnyloubang

*Side Lipton ~ LOVE that line "Bottoms is mad because I'm fucking they tops / Tops is mad cuz they bottoms is on my cock!"*

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE THAT YOU GET THIS SONG MY DUDE, THANKS FOR SHINING A LIGHT ON A SONG I LOVE.

    ReplyDelete