Monday, January 18, 2010

Jay Electronica - Exhibit C



Admittedly, I'm not a huge radio fan anymore. The only time I really listen is when I'm riding in a car and most of the time I'm fickly flipping through stations trying to find something of good quality or numbing myself the sound of the same 6 songs. But on my way home from the store yesterday I happened to be listening to ATL's own DJ Drama & The Aphilliates radio show and Drama played Jay Electronica's latest track "Exhibit C."

As I sat at a red light, intently listening, I was mesmerized by the sound flooding through my car's speakers. Produced by Just Blaze, "Exhibit C" samples Billy Stewart's "Cross My Heart" and employs a massive sound that will send it's listeners ears into over-drive with its heavy piano chords, pounding drums, and choral background. Jay's lyrics, while not as impassioned as the beat, are about as poignant and personal as they come as he spits about his life, literally, living on the streets;
"Sleeping on Meserole Ave out in the rain / Without even a slice of pizza to my name / too proud to beg for change mastering the pain / When New York ninjas was calling southern rappers lame, but then jackin our slang"

Music lovers, like myself, may not be satisfied with radio anymore but Jay Electronica is giving listeners reason to believe that quality music still exists. He's giving listeners a reason to believe in him, to believe he's the next big thing...with sincere and clever lyrics to boot. If you need evidence...just check Exhibit C.


Download "Exhibit C" from the link below.

No comments:

Post a Comment