Saturday, November 7, 2009

U-N-I - Land Of The Kings



A few weeks ago I came across this video of "Land Of The Kings" by Inglewood rap duo, U-N-I. The duo, Thurzday (Yannick Koffi) and Y-O (Yonas Semere Michael), are one of the newest acts signed to Mountain Dew's virtual record label, Green Label Sounds, and they've gained a strong buzz in the underground hip-hop scene, garnering attention from the likes of XXL, Dazed & Confused, and MTV's hipster audience.

The video, itself, is a dope break away from the typical hip-hop aesthetic that showcases a tribal theme full of face painting, head pieces, neon sand and tribal drums. There's even an 80's inspired breakdown, to give it a modern twist. These guys clearly thought outside of the box and the song, itself, is pretty dope too. I appreciate it. I dig it...and you should too. Check out the video, below.







Check out a behind the scenes look at the video, below.



Check out more music from U-N-I and download this track, for free, at their MySpace page
http://www.myspace.com/unimuzik

No comments:

Post a Comment