Monday, November 2, 2009

Method Man - All I Need

Method Man's "I'll Be There For You/You're All I Need to Get By" is arguably the greatest love song in Hip-Hop and R&B history. It's Hip-Hop's definitve love anthem and any rap fan will swear by it. But I honestly prefer the lesser known album version, "All I Need," over the Mary J. Blige remixed versions. Out of the three that were created this one is grittier, darker and it hits harder than the others. But the idea of love behind it is never overshadowed by it's darker edge.

Method Man pushes all fluff aside and packs his song full of sincerity and gratitude for his love,"Back when I was nothing you made a brother feel like he was something / That's why I'm wit cha to this day boo, no fronting / Even when the sky's were grey / You would rub me on my back and say, 'baby it'll be okay'

As he shows, it's the love not the romance that it's important. And their honesty about it is what sustains them, "You're all that I need, I'll be there for you / If you keep it real with me, I'll keep it real with you."

A song like this will easily continue to stand the test of time. And a love like his can stand, eternal.






And for those of you that just CAN'T do without a Meth & Mary collabo you can check out the RZA remix HERE and the P. Diddy remix HERE


*Side Lipton: I love it when he says, "QUEEN with a crown that be down for whatever." YAES!!

No comments:

Post a Comment