Sunday, February 28, 2010

I Fooled Ya Baby




I'd been listening to Nikka Costa ever since she released "Like A Feather" back in 2001 and like many others I thought I'd fallen for her. But I didn't know how much I'd appreciate her until she released her heart wrenching rock ballad, "Fooled Ya Baby." Many artists aren't brave enough to capture in words the moments when the heart is most vulnerable. But Nikka takes that moment and runs with it as she sings of her regret in hiding her feelings from the man she wanted to love.

"I hid my heart in self-defense / I felt the break and consequence / Never to return to meltin' feelings inside / I told myself I wouldn't fall again / Even in the light of day / You'll never see / How much I feel for you, baby / How much you mean to me"

She wraps her sadness around her warm vocals and makes you feel every bit of longing her heart has to give. I'm your fool, baby, and I'll stay that way as long as you keep singing to me the way you do. Check out a full rocked out performance of the song below.



No comments:

Post a Comment