Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Sade - Soldier of Love




The first single from Sade's upcoming album of the same name "Soldier of Love" has finally leaked. Written by Sade (the group) and co-produced by Mike Pela, the song comes off as a call to arms to their listeners, their fellow soldiers of love.

Over the bands military style beat of minimalist drums, heavy guitar jabs, and sparse horn blares Sade effectively sings of surviving the hardships of love and life, "I've lost the use of my heart / But I'm still alive / Still looking for the light / And the endless pull on the other side."

It's her serene tale of war and love. Her personal statement of strenth. But it's when the song hits it's anthemic chorus that the group really taps into the strength of its listeners and shares in the glory of a war well fought as they chant, "I've been torn up inside (Hoooo!) / I've been left behind (Hoooo!) / So I rise / I have a will to survive / In the wild wild west / Trying my hardest / Doing my best / To stay alive."

Sade's observation of the world, as it stands, is harsh. But what they've also observed is the strength of the human heart and as they've done on past records they've pulled upon that strength and created a softly powerful record for both themselves and their listeners. March on to glory.

To hear and download "Soldier of Love" click on the link below.

No comments:

Post a Comment