Friday, October 23, 2009

TwiZza - Shake



The southern slayer himself, TwiZza, has released the 1st single, "Shake," from his upcoming mixtape, Slaying Season and it is an addictive banger.

Pounding drum beats, raging synth runs, record scratches, and, surprisingly, light bell taps, propel the song into a fervor as TwiZza and fellow emcee, Bunk, and singers, Sam Dallas and Dee Jay, create a dance floor extravaganza.

TwiZza is, without a doubt, the star of this explosive dance record. His sound is simply undeniable. He rides the beat like a pro and commands your aural attention as he raps of his lyrical (and sexual) appeal; "My mixtape hurry up and buy it / Ain't a muffy can slay a hoe cuz him like shine / And you love me long time cuz I'm still in your ear / Big Twiz been the shit, baby / Come on over here."

The only drawback is the chorus. The way it's sung, at times, makes it stand out awkwardly from the rest of the song (I have to admit, it took me a while to get used to it). Nonetheless, I doubt anyone who listens will be able to keep themselves from singing it repeatedly as they "Shake, shake, shake, sha-shake" what their momma gave them.

TwiZza's got my attention and I'm intrigued to hear what the rest of his mixtape will sound like. Until then I'll be content to shake it, whine it, twerk it and grind it to the dancefloor...Guuuuurl!

Check out "Shake" at TwiZza's MySpace
http://www.myspace.com/twizzamusic

No comments:

Post a Comment