Friday, October 9, 2009

I Love You, Ginuwinely...I Love You Only.




For some odd reason I thought of this song last night and now I can't get it out of my head. "Only When Ur Lonely" wasn't Ginuwine's biggest, or maybe most well remembered, single off of his debut album, The Bachelor. But it is a great song about a man who's, sadly, fallen in love with a fickle woman and who's heart is suffering because of it. "My heart got broken when my heart got opened / Repeatedly, you said you needed me / You cheated me."

Harnessing bass heavy synth booms, electro static, angelic bells and chimes and a haunting harmony, producer, Timbaland, fills the mid-tempo track with a melancholy mood that's undeniably alluring. It compliments Ginuwine's sadness as he sings of his lover's refusal to commit to him, alone, "When I close my eyes / Only you I see / With another man / This is killing me / I don't wanna die."

"I am your man / But only when ur lonely." A love like that isn't fair...but the way Ginuwine's vocals pour over the track like bittersweet nectar sounds so right.

*Side Lipton: Ginuwine looks like a chiseled Golden God of Sex in this video. Those S-Wave sideburns, juicy S-Curl and "G" earrings are WORKING...in a gender rebel/pretty boy kind of way. And did you look at those lips and eyes???*

No comments:

Post a Comment