Sunday, September 5, 2010

I'm In The Front Row With Popcorn






Do you go to the dungeon to find out how to make peace with your days in the dungeon?

Writing a letter to you didn't make me feel any more peaceful then how I felt when we weren't speaking

Because I didn't cop to what I did.
I can't love you because we're supposed to have professional boundaries.
I'd like you to be schooled and in awe as though you were kissed by god full on the lips.

I'm in the front row, the front row with popcorn
I get to see you, see you close up
(I'm too tired to recount the unpleasantries one by one
One minute I want to banish you
the next I want to be on a deserted island
with you along with my three favorite cd's
ambivalent yet in your bed
we've yet to acknowledge what really happened.)

No comments:

Post a Comment