Friday, August 6, 2010

Alanis Morissette - Unsent



Since her meteoric and angst ridden debut, Alanis Morissette has always been known for sharing the ups and (many, many) downs of her relationships in her songs but on the track "Unsent" she digs past the emotional pain of her failed relationships and finds a peaceful resolution with her past loves. Born around the idea of writing letters of closure to her many exes, "Unsent" presents itself as one of the most revealing and heartfelt songs I've ever heard in my life. It takes a wise and brave one to look back at their past relationships and accept the strengths and weaknesses of both themselves and their former partners. I can admit that I've made many similar mistakes when it comes to the men I've chosen. I've had my own versions of Matthew(s), Jonathon and Lou and learned many things about myself from each of them. And one day I hope to find the same closure with most of them that Alanis has found with her former beaus.

No comments:

Post a Comment