Sunday, June 27, 2010

Pink - I Don't Believe You (Video)





I don't mind it, I still don't mind at all
It's like one of those bad dreams when you can't wake up
Looks like you've given up, you've had enough
But I want more, no I won't stop
'Cause I just know you'll come around....right?

I had no idea that this video existed. I just thought it would be one of those occasions where my favorite song (on an album) doesn't get a video. But apparently I was wrong. Beautifully directed by the talented Sophie Muller (Sade's go to video director), "I Don't Believe You" presents the darkened (black & white) world of P!nk's life after the near break up of her marriage to Carey Hart. Adding sentiment to the videos storyline, P!nk wears her actual wedding gown as she travels through The Los Angeles Theater, in search of her husband and the life she wanted them to have together.

As P!nk explained on her website, "I Don't Believe You" is her favorite song from Funhouse,

"Because it's just so naked. It's like taking a deep breathe and saying, 'Here I am. Take me. Take your best shot'. The first thing that comes to my mind with I Don't Believe You is me standing in the vocal booth listening... Actually in the control room listening to this song, tears running down my face, just like 'fuck, really?' It's the vulnerable weak side of me that I don't let out very often. And it's [sighs], yeah it's that song. And I love it, I love it. I just love it, it's very near and dear to me." -- P!nk

No comments:

Post a Comment