Saturday, May 22, 2010

Christina Aguilera - Bionic Album Preview




It's not as strong as Stripped or as heartfelt as Back To Basics but I must admit that Bionic sounds mildly pleasing, sans some of the filler in the first half of the album and that ridiculous "I Hate Boys" song. Besides the deliciously crafted electro tracks like "Elastic Love" and "Glam" most of her album fails to really tap into a futuristic sound. It simply comes off as current or dated, which isn't always a bad thing.

Where Christina really shines though is on the songs with stripped down, raw, classic sounds like "You Lost Me," "All I Need" and "Sex For Breakfast." Her voice was made to carry that kind of music.

Staying true to form, Christina fills her album to the brim with tracks, adding 5 editional songs to the deluxe edition album. The standouts of this bunch is the alluring electro-trance song "Birds Of Pray" and the bouncy "Bobblehead." I'm not in love with all the sounds but I'm intrigued enough to want to hear the full album and who knows, after a few spins I may feel compelled to buy the album....maybe.

No comments:

Post a Comment